Facts you should know about the land of the Rising Sun ‘Japan.’
Japan is an island nation comprising imperial palaces, thousands of old shrines as well as temples, mountainous national parks and high rise filled cities. Tokyo is the capital of Japan and is very well known for its pop culture as well as neon skyscrapers. At first glance, you will observe Japan as the westernized and modern country with crowded cities. But this country is much more above this all. Japan is a very exceptional country and includes many surprising and amazing facts which people might don’t know about Japan they are as follows:
- Japan is the land of the rising sun. It was believed that Japan is the primary country to see the sunrise.
- Japan comprises of about 6852 islands. The four major Islands of Japan are Kyushu, Hokkaido, Honshu, and Shikoku.
- Japan sometimes suffers from the acid rain owing to the gases produced by power plants.
- Japan is said to be the world’s most earthquake-prone areas. The geographical location of this country makes it earthquake-prone as it is positioned on top of four massive tectonic plates. As these plates move, it produces an earthquake.
- The leading industries of Japan comprise manufacturing a communication. There is very little agricultural business there owing to the hilly and rugged lands.
- Hanami is the Cherry Blossom festival which is celebrated when Cherry blossom trees first bloom in Japan every spring.
- Japan has the world’s longest tunnel, i.e. Seikan Tunnel that spans about 33 miles.
- Raw horse meat called as basashi is very popular in Japan. It is sliced thin as well as eaten raw.
- The literacy rate of Japan is 100 percent. On the other hand, the unemployment rate of Japan is less than 4 percent.
- There are in total 130 voice acting schools in Japan. Animated Japanese movies and TV shows account for about 60 percent of world’s animation based entertainment.
- Many vending machines in Japan dispense beer.
- Average life expectancy of people in Japan is approximately four years more than Americans.
- The second lowest homicide rate is in Japan; however, it also has a suicide forest. This forest is called the ‘perfect place to die’.
- There are more than 50000 people in Japan who are more than 100 years old. It is said that about 21 percent of the Japanese population is elderly.
- Japanese trains are known to be the world’ most timely trains as there average delay time is just 18 minutes.
- The birth rate in Japan is too low, as it is that much low that adult diapers are sold more in comparison to the baby diapers.
- The Japanese survivor of Titanic is recognized as a coward in his country as he had not died like all other passengers.
- Japan comprises of about 5.52 million vending machines which proves everything from live crabs, soda and sex toys.
- Japan has a train that floats on top of the track by magnetism and reaches about 550 km per hour.
- Japan imports nearly about 83 percent of coffee of Jamaica’s yearly coffee production.
- Japan is said to be the world’s largest consumer of Amazon rainforest timber.
- Japan has over 3000 McDonald restaurants that is the largest number in comparison to any country outside the US.
- In each spring season, Japan celebrates together the penis and female fertility as a festive event. It is known as Kanamara Matsuri or Festival of steel Phallus.
- Japan is the world’s largest importer of seafood. Japanese consume more fish in comparison to any other people in entire world.
The culture of Japan is a mix of traditional as well as modern Japanese values. It is well known as the world’s oldest monarchy. Many centuries ago Japan by its own choice was entirely cut off from the remaining world. After the destruction, during World war, II Japan rebuilt its economy and at present ranks among the leading industrialized nations in the world.http://www.khbuzz.com/2017/12/04/facts-know-land-rising-sun-japan/http://www.khbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Islands-of-japan.jpghttp://www.khbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Islands-of-japan-150x150.jpgFactsCulture of Japan,Japan,Japanese Trains,land of the rising sun,massive tectonic plates,Rising Sun