Cyclone Ockhi – a severe cyclone, things you must know about this storm
In total eight people, i.e. four each in Kerala and Tamil Nadu lost their lives following the deep depression in the Bay of Bengal converted into cyclonic storm named Ockhi. Numerous districts in these two states were hit by torrential rain as well as strong winds. Heavy rains are also expected over the Lakshadweep. State governments have closed all schools and colleges and requested people to stay indoors.
Nearly about twelve trains counting passenger as well as long distance in both the states have been canceled. Hilly areas of Kerala were supposed to be facing conditions of landslides. Pinarayi Vijayan advised them to be on high alert and gave them directions to empty low lying regions if necessary.
As per the reports and images released by IMD, Cyclone Ockhi was moving towards Lakshadweep Islands and also will build up into the severe storm. It is assumed that more than 250 fishermen are missing off the coast of Thiruvananthapuram. Search as well as rescue operations have launched by the Indian navy. Along with it setting up of Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief had also been finished in southern Kerala.
Prediction for Saturday
For tomorrow, heavy rains have been predicted for Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu as well as Lakshadweep Islands. Along with that, the buzzing around the Andaman &Nicobar Islands is predictable to begun structure around side by side. As per IMD by early next week that is by 5th December, the depression by Cyclone Ockhi would track west, north, and west in the Bay of Bengal and would park itself off South Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu coasts.
Let us know what cyclone Ockhi is?
IMD, i.e. Indian Meteorological Department issued an orange signal and declared the arrival of first typical and the severe storm of the season named as Cyclone Ockhi. Bangladesh gave the name Ockhi to this cyclone.
- Tropical cyclones offer ease of communications amid forecasters as well as general public concerning watches, forecasters as well as warnings as per Hurricane Research division.
- Cyclone Ockhi is an outcome of deep depression in southern Kanyakumari as well as western Sri Lanka. And as this depression strengthens, it will give the origin to the cyclonic storm.
- Skynet supposed that cyclone Ockhi is moving at the fast speed of 38kmph. IMD issues a heavy rainfall warning over Tamil Nadu as well as Kerala for the next two days. Lakshadweep is cautioned on high alert as wing speed reaches up to 100kmph.
- Bang of Cyclone Ockhi has by now experienced in many southern sections of our country. Heavy rainfall has lashed many parts of Kerala and people have been requested to stay in.
- Power as well s communication lines broke down both in Kerala and Lakshadweep. Many adjoining districts of South Kerala including Kottayam, Kollam, Alappuzha, Thiruvananthapuram along with many adjoining areas of Tamil Nadu also put on high alert.
All fishermen were requested to stay at home along with that many schools and colleges have been closed down owing to the bad weather.http://www.khbuzz.com/2017/12/01/cyclone-ockhi-severe-cyclone-things-must-know-storm/http://www.khbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Ockhi.jpghttp://www.khbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Ockhi-150x150.jpgIndiaNewsBangladesh,Bay of Bengal,Cyclone,Cyclone Ockhi,Kerala,Lakshadweep,Ockhi,Tamil Nadu