Unveiling Hidden Facts about Ancient India to Amaze All
India’s ancient history has been expressive of massive development, ranging from the invention of tools, fire management, finding ways of food, trade and even architecture of the civilizations. Well, to bring into everyone’s notice, Pre-historic India showcased Palaeolithic Age, Mesolithic Age, and even Neolithic Age. During these eras, pre-historic men used to live in caves, make weapons from wood and stone. Most of the time, they used to eat raw food and wear clothes made from animal skin. Besides this, there have been a variety of facts in the Ancient Era that requires some light for the public’s general knowledge.
1. The very first civilization that gained popularity in terms of trade and other developments was Indus Valley Civilization. It existed between 3000-1500 BC with Harappa and Mohenjo Daro as its greatest achievements. These cities were famous for their impressive appeal, organized nature and excellent architecture.
2. The Vedic Age existed in India around 1500 BC to 1000 BC that explained the importance of Vedas, Tribes, Rituals and even Vedic Gods. This period showed flourishing of Vedas, which was followed by Epic Age that reflected the existence of Ramayana and Mahabharata. It was a mythological era where Gods existed in Human form.
3. Slavery never existed in the Ancient India as the primitive people were rich enough to feed their families well. In fact, India was an affluent country and never saw slavery until Britishers came to rule it in the 17th Century.
4. Ancient India, especially the 5th century, the number Zero was invented by Aryabhatta. He as a great astronomer and scientist, who introduced the decimal system too. On the other hand, the same century also saw Budhayana calculating the value of Pie and introducing to the world.
5. Besides developments in mathematics, there were ample developments in the field of science too. It was way back 2600 years ago that Charaka (Father of Ayurveda) developed the school of medicine to people. Besides this, Sushruta used to perform complicated surgeries like caesareans, artificial limbs, cataract, fractures, urinary stones, plastic surgery and brain surgery. He was considered as the father of surgery. Even, the people of Ancient India knew the concept of Anaesthesia.
6. The Sanskrit language has been the oldest of all with various English and Hindi words taking birth from it. In fact, it has been considered as the most suitable language for usage as computer software too.
7. The existing game of Snakes and Ladders was invented in 13th Century by a Poet-Saint named Gyandev. At that time, it was called as Mokshapat and had significant meaning. In the game, Snakes depicted Vices and Ladders were said to be Good Virtues.
8. It was some 6000 years ago that Art of Navigation was developed around the area of River Sindh and the word was derived from ‘Navgatih’. Certainly, Ancient India had a well-developed water harvesting system and the earliest River Dam was constructed in Saurashtra. The lake was known as Sudarshana and built by Shaka King called Rudradaman.
Ancient India had seen various kinds of developments that created significant options for growth. Indeed, India was known as the Golden Bird for its wealth and affluence; till Britishers started ruling it for introducing slavery system.http://www.khbuzz.com/2017/09/17/unveiling-hidden-facts-ancient-india-amaze/http://www.khbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Untitled-design-12-1024x536.pnghttp://www.khbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Untitled-design-12-150x150.pngIndiaInteresting FactsAncient India,Hidden Facts about Ancient India,India’s ancient history