India’s 68th Republic Day Parade
26th of January is a very special day for every Indian as every year India celebrates its Republic Day on this date. For this year the preparation for republic day celebration has already been started with zest and it is only a few hours from now, that every proud Indian is about to behold a shuddering tricolor and a parade with tableaux showing the rich culture of the Indian expresses, the might of the military, navy and air force and the technological and scientific advancements the mechanical and logical progressions that the nation has made since independence.
In this year of 2017, India is about to celebrate its 68th Republic Day. Prior, January 26, 1930, was praised as India’s Independence Day or Purna Swaraj Day, when the Declaration of Independence was authoritatively proclaimed. In a determination go by the Indian National Congress, it proclaimed Purna Swaraj – finish opportunity from the British Raj. In any case, in 1947, since August 15 turned into the official Independence Day, the Indian Constitution was embraced on this day in 1950, to stamp the 1930 affirmation. In this way, the principal Republic Day was praised in 1950, three years after we accomplished autonomy, when the main President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad took the pledge at Durbar Hall of government house.
Indian Republic Day is not only a one-day festivity. It is spread more than 3-days and ends with the Beating Retreat on January 29. The celebration is will be watched over by President Pranab Mukherjee, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, dignitaries and hundreds more. Delhi is the epicenter of all the activities surrounding the 68th Republic Day Celebrations which will commence on 26th January 2017 at 9:00 AM IST. Heavy security has been arranged, especially in the heart of Delhi.
One of the major attractions of the festival is the Republic day Parade. Actually, it is the highlight of the festival. This year in 2017 the Republic Day Parade will begin at 9.50 am from Vijay Chowk, the notable intersection encompassed by the nation’s top workplaces and the Presidential royal residence Rashtrapati Bhawan. The parade will then travel through Rajpath, India Gate, Tilak Marg and Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg towards Red Fort. All the while, no activity will be permitted close to the parade course. Blockades were set up much sooner than the parade begins.
The parade is an amazing affair and is an outcome of months of arrangements. The parade features India’s Defense Capability, Cultural, and Social Heritage. The Indian Army, Navy and Air Force meet up to set up an awesome show took after by troops who then feature the social differences of India by speaking to all states and union regions on various buoys. Indeed, even schoolchildren are a piece of the parade and since a year ago in 2016, remotely armed forces have additionally been incorporated into the parade. A year ago the French Army was a piece of it and this year in 2017, UAE troopers will lead the way. The occasion continues for around three hours and is broadcast live on TV so that the individuals who aren’t at Rajpath can likewise witness the parade.
Preceding its beginning, the Prime Minister lays a flower wreath at the Amar Jawan Jyoti, a remembrance to obscure warriors at the India Gate toward one side of Rajpath, which is trailed by two minutes hush in the memory of obscure officers. It is a grave indication of the give up of the saints who passed on for the nation in the flexibility development and the succeeding wars for the guard of the power of their nation. From that point the Prime Minister achieves the fundamental dais at Rajpath to join different dignitaries; consequently, the President touches base alongside the main visitor of the event. This year, India will have Sheik Mohamed canister Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, as the main visitor, who has as of now touched base in India on last Tuesday and our Prime Minister Narendra Modi invited him at the air terminal with an embrace, a handshake and an appreciated note in Arabic. They are escorted on horseback by the President’s Bodyguard.
Republic Day Celebration Itinerary
- In the first place, the president spreads out the National Flag, as the National Anthem is played, and a 21-firearm salute is given as the PBG renders the National Salute. Next, essential honors like the Ashok Chakra and Kirti Chakra are given away by the President, before the regiments of Armed Forces begin their walk past.
- Next Nine to twelve distinct regiments of the Indian Army notwithstanding the Navy and Air Force with their groups walk past in all their luxury and authority enrichments. The President of India, who is the Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Armed Forces, takes the salute. Twelve contingents of different para-military strengths of India and other common powers likewise participate in this parade. One of the extraordinary sights of the parade is the camel mounted Border Security Force unexpected, which is the main camel mounted military compel on the planet.
- 22 to 30 skins showing the way of life of the different states and union regions of India, including buoys of union services and state ventures come next in the stupendous parade. Every show draws out the differing qualities and lavishness of the way of life of India and the entire show loans a happy air to the event. This Republic Day additionally denoted the arrival of K-9 Dog Squad to the parade following 26 years.
- The parade generally closes with adrenaline bike riding by the bike units of the Armed Forces and a flypast by the Indian Air Force planes and helicopters conveying the national banner and the banners of the three administrations.
- Involving more than 25 walking and mounted contingents, different military vehicles, 20 military groups, 30 social tableaux and 30 airships notwithstanding social entertainers and 1200 schoolchildren, India’s Republic Day Parade in New Delhi is the most staggering general parade on the planet.
- The Beating Retreat service authoritatively signifies the finish of Republic Day merriments. It is directed on the night of 29 January, the third after quite a while. It is performed by the groups of the three wings of the military, the Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force. The scene is Raisina Hills and an adjoining square, Vijay Chowk, flanked by the north and south block of the Rashtrapati Bhavan (President’s Palace) towards the finish of Rajpath.
Citizens are allowed to witness this grand celebration right from the venue by buying tickets and passes. There are a few ways to get tickets to the Parade. Front row passes can be obtained from senior government authorities and VIPs in Delhi, on the off chance that you happen to know any. Else, you’ll need to purchase your tickets.
Tickets for the India Republic Day Parade are marked down from January 13 to January 25 consistently, from the accompanying outlets:
- Departmental Sale Counters at North Block round about, South Block round about, Pragati Maidan (Gate No. 1, Bhairon Road), Jantar Mantar (Main Gate), Shastri Bhawan (near Gate No. 1), India Gate (near Jamnagar House), Red Fort (near police picket). (10 a.m. until 5.30 p.m. daily).
- Parliament House Reception Office. (11 a.m. until 4 p.m. Saturday/Sunday/Holiday closed).
- The government of India Tourist Office, 88 Janpath. (Closed Sunday).
- India Tourism Development Corporation (IDTC) Travel Counters at Ashok and Janpath Hotels. (Working days only).
Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card or government-issued identity card must be presented in order to purchase tickets. The costs of the tickets are as follows:
- 500 rupees for reserved seats
- 200 rupees, 100 rupees and 50 rupees for unreserved seats
- For Beating Retreat Ceremony 50 rupees and 20 rupees; all seats are unreserved.